Accompanying the first four Salesians on their expedition to the United States was a handwritten letter by Don Michele (Michael) Rua, Don Bosco's first successor. Don Rua's letter was short, but within it contains a very important mandate accompanied by his paternal blessings. He concludes with a reminder to his Salesian sons to always remain united with their brother Salesians all over the world in prayer. Don Rua's letter is made available below. To read the history of our province, visit www.donboscowest.org/province/history.
Salesian World News and Featured Articles
- Argentina – Rector Major: “I've decided that the IX International Congress of Mary Help of Christians will take place in Portugal”
- Australia – “Joy in Learning”. Salesian spirit alive in St John Bosco College
- Bolivia – Attacked in Yapacaní, Salesian "Radio-Televisión Ichilo"
- East Timor – Walking together with hope and discern the way forward
- Argentina – Rector Major: "If Mary Help of Christians is in our hearts, we shall be the Salesian Family desired by Don Bosco"
- Argentina – Inauguration of Salesian Historical Archive of Southern Argentina: "A well-deserved tribute to Salesian missionary work"
- India – Assam CM inaugurates 4th Don Bosco College
Vocation Awareness Week - November 2019
Young Adult Advent Evening of Prayer
Fr. Ted Montemayor, provincial for the Western Province of the Salesian Order issued a statement following recent news reports on clergy sexual abuse of minors and in advance of a further anticipated cable news network report mentioning clergy and religious including some Salesian priests and brothers.