Young Adult Advent Evening of Prayer
Rock Out Youth Poverty 2020
Province Salesian Youth Ministry Monthly Resources
Each month a pastoral theme resource will be introduced and will be available for download. These monthly resources will consist of a prayer, a short story of saints of the month and a challenge or call to action that will center around faith formation, vocation and missionary discipleship. These monthly resources are a simple yet meaningful way to engage the youth and young adults of our communities in intentional moments of prayer, reflection, and service.
This months resource (click image)
Last months resource: October 2019
SYLC Spirit Team 2020
Spirit Team 2020 Applications are now available! Click on the link below to download the application.
Salesians of Don Bosco USA West at NCYC 2019!
The Salesian Family will be present at NCYC 2019 in Indianapolis! Check out this years NCYC video.
Strenna 2019: Holiness for you too
Introduction to Salesian Youth Ministry
Salesian Youth Ministry educates for life in the cultural and social environment of the young person:
- It evangelizes by educating and educates by evangelizing.
- It centers on the Body of Christ and brings young people into that living community of faith where their gifts and their journey are given direction and support.
- It is within the context of community that the young discover their place in God's plan; their gifts, their community and are called to transform the world into the image and likeness of Christ.
Don Bosco’s pastoral concern found expression in a process of humanization that sought to develop a young person’s full personality and create a society that was more just and human. “We educate and evangelize according to a plan for the total well-being of man directed to Christ, the perfect Man. Faithful to the intentions of our Founder, our purpose is to form ‘upright citizens and good Christians’” (Const. 31)
The Oratory is a place, an environment, an attitude, and a method. The Salesian approach to youth ministry is first and foremost a way to Jesus.
- It is a home where young people can feel welcome, safe and peaceful.
- It is a school where life skills are learned.
- It is a church, a place of prayer and spiritual development.
- It is a playground where fun and joy celebrate life.
The Preventive System is a spirituality, pedagogy, and a style of pastoral action. It is the synthesis of the complete thought and pastoral action of St. John Bosco. It is Don Bosco's way of journeying with young people to help them to grow into honest, responsible, contributing members of society (upright citizens) and good people of Faith (good Christians).
Short 3-Part Video Intro to Don Bosco's Spirituality
Movimento Giovanile Salesiano - Movimiento Juvenil Salesiano